Every February, large crowds of wine aficionados gather in Tuscany to celebrate the latest Brunello and Brunello Riserva vintages. Monteverdi Tuscany, a renowned luxury boutique hotel nestled in the UNESCO World Heritage Site of the Val d’Orcia region of Tuscany, prefers a more intimate approach to savoring fine wine. For this reason, the hotel has curated an exclusive itinerary that takes guests on an educational journey through the creation of a Brunello – from harvesting and vinting, to tasting and pairing. A guided excursion to Montalcino will acquaint guests with the heritage and landscape that gives birth to Brunello. Classes at the Monteverdi Culinary Academy will teach guests how to prepare dishes that pair beautifully with Brunello. Local wineries Casanova di Neri and Podere le Ripi, will introduce guests to all the nuances and complexities of their latest Brunello vintages, along with their other much sought-after wines.
Casanova di Neri is a prestigious, award-winning winery owned and operated by the perennial 100-point, father-and-son winemaking team of Giacomo Neri and Giovanni Neri. In order to provide a more intimate introduction to their brilliant wines, Giacomo will personally welcome visitors to Casanova di Neri for an exclusive, private unveiling of their new Brunellos, which will not be shown at this year’sBenvenuto Brunello.
Podere le Ripi, owned by Francesco Illy of the coffee dynasty, is a lauded regional winery with a deep dedication to excellence. Their biodynamic approach creates wines that authentically express the natures of the soil and flora. Wine experts from Podere le Ripi have curated a tasting tour through Montalcino’s Benvenuto Brunello event exclusively for Monteverdi’s guests. While more than 200 wineries are represented at this event, the Podere le Ripi sommelier will lead guests to taste wines from only the top producers. Following this tour, the group will visit the Podere le Ripi winery and enjoy a private wine tasting and lunch at their picturesque property.
Join Monteverdi Tuscany for an intimate introduction to Brunello di Montalcino with the newly introduced Monteverdi Brunello Experience.
· 4-night stay at the luxury property, Monteverdi Tuscany
· Daily breakfast in the fine-dining restaurant, Oreade
· 3 dinners at Monteverdi Tuscany, incorporating Brunellos from some of the finest producers and vintages
· Tour and private tasting at Casanova di Neri winery
· Lunch in Montalcino and dinner in Montepulciano at restaurants carefully chosen by our Executive Chef, Giancarla Bodoni
· Cooking class and lunch in the Monteverdi Culinary Academy
· Curated wine tour through Montalcino’s Benvenuto Brunello, guided by Podere le Ripi
· Tour of Podere le Ripi winery, followed by a private wine tasting and lunch
· Wine-based spa treatment in the world-class Monteverdi Spa
· All transportation for items included in this unique itinerary
Price per visit:€5,500 single /€7,500 double