The Galleria at Fort Lauderdale, recognized as Broward County’s premier shopping destination, has announced the lineup of honorees for its 14th annual Men of Style Challenge which will take place virtually from October 7 – December 3. This year, to comply with COVID-19 social distancing and health guidelines, supporters will have the chance to cast a vote directly for their favorite man of style without a physical event.
Votes are $25 each with 100% of the proceeds benefiting the 11 participating charities. The challenge culminates at 5 p.m. on December 3 during a virtual event presentation to announce the leading man of style based on monetary votes. The winning man of style will receive an additional financial contribution from various sponsors for his designated charity.
“The Galleria’s annual Men of Style will continue with a 2020 twist to recognize and celebrate the achievements of selfless men in the Fort Lauderdale community,” said Melissa Milroy, senior marketing manager at The Galleria at Fort Lauderdale. “Through a little creativity and ingenuity brought on by COVID-19, we are pleased to continue this tradition to raise funds for local charities that impact the quality of life for those they serve and the community at large.”
For the past 13 years, The Galleria has proudly presented this high energy event which showcases a stellar roster of prominent men who are making a positive impact in our community. The 11 influential and philanthropic South Florida men who have graciously donated their time and resources on behalf of their participating nonprofits are:
- Ryan Bunes, Field Sales Representative, CooperVision (Florida Children’s Theatre)
- Alan Goldsmith, Executive VP & Chief Administrative Officer, Broward Health (Children’s Diagnostic & Treatment Center)
- David Kofsky, CPA, CFF Founder & President, Kofsky & Winger, PA, (Art and Culture Center Hollywood)
- Nick Matthews, Sr. Government Relations Consultant, Becker & Poliakoff (Broward Public Library Foundation)
- Harley R. Miller, Shareholder and Project Manager, Miller Construction (Henderson Behavioral Health)
- Dr. Ty Richardson, CEO, One Global Index Consulting Corporation (HANDY)
- Gary Ruderman, CPA, Ruderman and Company, PA (Leadership Broward Foundation)
- Ben Sorensen, City Commissioner – District 4, The City of Fort Lauderdale (Fort Lauderdale Independence Training Education (FLITE) Center)
- Alexander Star, Recording Artist (Kids in Distress)
- Casey Swercheck, Director of Capital Strategies, Capitala Group (Jack & Jill Children’s Center)
- Jason Wetherington, Realtor, Castelli Luxury Real Estate Services (Covenant House Florida)
Supporters are encouraged to vote for their favorite man/charity by 12 p.m. on December 3 at www.galleriamall-fl.com.