South Florida Motorsports (SFM), the organizers of the Formula 1® Crypto.com Miami Grand Prix and the City of Miami Gardens are thrilled to announce its Formula 1® Crypto.com Miami Grand Prix 2022 intern class. The mission of this paid internship program is to inspire a generation of college students to gain exposure and bolster careers in motorsports.
This inaugural group consisting of City of Miami Gardens residents and students from nearby Florida Memorial University and St. Thomas University will have a behind the scenes experience across a variety of departments including communications, corporate partnerships, event operations, fan experience, guest experience and marketing.
“We are excited to announce the first class of college students from Miami Gardens to take part in this paid internship program to gain experience in the motorsports industry,” said Richard Cregan, CEO of the Formula 1® Crypto.com Miami Grand Prix. “We wanted to be purposeful in investing in bright and deserving students around Hard Rock Stadium in line with Tom Garfinkel’s vision. These young leaders will make significant contributions to this international event, and we look forward to watching their professional development through this experience.”
“From the inception of this partnership, it was our intention to ensure there were substantial benefits for our residents and the community. We worked very hard to make that a reality, and this is another example of that commitment being demonstrated. This internship opportunity is great for our students to not only learn about motorsports, but also develop the necessary business acumen and skills for future leadership and success,” said Miami Gardens Mayor Rodney Harris.
The 2022 intern class includes:
- Brooks Blackert, Corporate Partnerships, St. Thomas University
- Darius Conley, Stadium Operations, Florida Memorial University
- Dylan Francisco, Guest Experience, St. Thomas University
- Jessica Galloza, Fan Experience, Florida International University (Miami Gardens resident)
- Jaheem Laforet, Communications, Florida Memorial University
- Samantha Mueller, Marketing, Florida International University (Miami Gardens resident)
- Natalie Perez, Community Affairs, Miami Dade College (Miami Gardens resident)
- Alessandra Rodriguez, Community Affairs/Corporate Partnerships, St. Thomas University
- Nura Sales, Stadium Operations, Florida Memorial University
- Bryan Schmidt, Communications, St. Thomas University
- Giovon Soto, Event Operations, St. Thomas University
- Aaron Taylor, Information Technology, Miami Dade College (Miami Gardens resident)