Instead of a box of chocolate, give a chocolate making experience at Sugar Beach, A Viceroy Resort. The class entails learning about how cocoa is grown and what cocoa varieties make the very best chocolate. Participants learn how to temper chocolate to make molded creations and rich, dark chocolate truffles. They also learn how to make traditional, St Lucian Cocoa Tea and best of all… they get to taste and take home the fruits of their labors.
· Breakfast in bed is a nice gesture, but Mom will enjoy the “Best Brunch on the Island” even more! From the Benedict Burger to the make-your-own Bloody Mary bar, a Sparkling Station for mimosas, and a brand-new tapas station, this brunch is complete with all of Mom’s favorites. Nantucket’s Brant Point Grill’s Mother’s Day Brunch is $85 for adults, $39 for kids. Combine your brunch with a stay at White Elephant and enjoy special Hot Dates Cool Rates, starting at $195 per night.
· Treat moms to a signature Hunan-Kab (Honey ceremony) at Viceroy Riviera Maya, incorporating honey harvested on-property. The property’s resident shaman oversees the Jardin Pak’al, the garden where he grows herbs used to treat guests at the Wayak Spa. One-on-one consultations with moms are conducted in the K’óben (Mayan herb kitchen), to determine individual preferences and needs before a personalized experience is created. The Melipona Bee Honey (Bee Cheii) is thought by the Mayans to be medicinal. The honey is applied using herb compresses soaked in a special tea before guests enjoy a massage in nature next to a waterfall.
· The international chocolatier La Maison du Chocolat has an anthology of chocolates for mothers with a sweet tooth available online and in New York City boutiques. Choose the timeless Emeraude Hatbox ($210) or Grenat Hatbox ($360), and she won’t be disappointed.
· Belmond Charleston Place Hotel’s Tata Harper Exclusive package is perfect for a moms-only weekend, including a Tata Harper Nothing But Nature facial at the on-site spa. Guests can also enjoy the Mother’s Day Brunch with garden seating at the Palmetto Café before spending an afternoon perusing The Shops on the ground floor of the hotel.
· Perfect for your yogi parent, Nayara Springs’ Wellness Package invites travelers to disconnect from reality in the rainforest of Costa Rica – days are filled with yoga and meditation, daily spa treatments, healthy mixology classes, and walks through the on-site sloth sanctuary.
· Cliff Lede Vineyards’ Mother’s Day Celebration offers complimentary light bites and tastings from the vineyard’s FEL wine portfolio, named in homage to Cliff’s own mother, Florence Elsie Lede, a home winemaker and early inspiration for his love of wine. Mothers will also receive a tulip, Florence’s favorite flower.
· Guinot’s Huile Mirific is a multi-tasking dry oil. It nourishes skin, protects dry hair ends, and doubles as a floral perfume – the perfect way to pamper mom on her day.