The Biltmore Hotel is hosting a fun and festive line-up of events to celebrate the Thanksgiving holiday. Leave the dinner planning to the hotel’s chefs, relax at the spa or learn how to impress your guest with Thanksgiving theme culinary classes. Here are five reasons to visit the Biltmore before and during Thanksgiving weekend:
1. Cooking Classes
The Biltmore Culinary Academy is hosting Thanksgiving Dinner cooking classes that will teach students traditional menu items for a grand feast. Class is priced at $110 per student.
|November 8||Monday||6:30 p.m. – 9:30 p.m.||Thanksgiving Dinner||Chef Rolando Cruz-Taura|
|November 9||Tuesday||10:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.||Thanksgiving Dinner (Spanish)||Chef Jeanette Stefan-Ozga|
2. Thanksgiving Day Dining
- Champagne Brunch – Hotel Executive Chef Rolando Cruz-Taura invites you to start your day with the Biltmore’s famous Champagne brunch with an added selection of traditional Thanksgiving dishes. The extravagant buffet features delicacies such as caviar, smoked salmon, shellfish, carved meats, fresh omelettes and more. Thanksgiving menu items featured include: Natural Roasted Turkey, Traditional & Vegetarian Corn Bread Stuffing, Mashed Potatoes, Sweet Potatoes and Green Bean & Wild Mushroom Casserole. Brunch culminates with a wall of desserts prepared to perfection by Executive Pastry Chef Olivier Rodriguez and includes traditional Thanksgiving favorites such as Pumpkin Pie, Apple Pecan Pie, Sweet Potato Pie and Carrot Cake. Brunch is served from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. and is priced at $85 for adults, plus tax and gratuity ($37.50 for kids ages 5 to 11). Brunch is also served on Sunday, November 28, 2010.
- Palme d’Or – Recognized by Zagat as one of the best French restaurants in the country, Palme d’Or offers an elaborate four-course Thanksgiving dinner prepared by Chef de Cuisine Philippe Ruiz and hosted by Sebastien Verrier, Maitre D’ and Head Sommelier. Among the menu choices included are: Pumpkin Soup, Grilled Turbot Filet, Maine Lobster Fricassée and Farm Raised Turkey. Executive Pastry Chef Olivier Rodriguez will showcase dessert items: Pumpkin & Pecan Cheese Cake and Chocolate Dome with Hazelnut Ice Cream. Dinner is served from 6 p.m. to 10 p.m. and is priced at $85, plus tax and gratuity.
- Fontana – Join Chef de Cuisine Betania Salles for an authentic Italian dinner at Fontana on Thanksgiving Day. The four-course menu offers guests an array of choices, some of which include: Yellow Lentil & Pumpkin Soup, Sweet Potato Dumplings with Gorgonzola and Roasted Boneless Turkey Breast. Executive Pastry Chef Olivier Rodriguez will showcase dessert items: Warm Pear Tart with Caramelized Pecan Ice Cream and Pumpkin Pie with Cinnamon Whipped Cream & Vanilla Sauce. Dinner is served from 6 p.m. to 10 p.m. and is priced at $59, plus tax and gratuity.
3. Sweet November at the Biltmore Spa
The biggest shopping weekend of the year is during Thanksgiving, so take a break from holiday shopping at the Biltmore Spa! Enjoy a 50-minute Signature Chardonnay Massage for $99 and receive 10% off all spa retail purchases including luxurious skin care products from Babor and Kerstin Florian, make-up from La Bella Donna and a wide variety of unique holidays gift ideas. Offer is valid Friday, November 26th through Sunday, November 28th, 2010.
Also during the month of November, receive a complimentary 30-minute refresher facial with the purchase of any 70-minute massage. Or receive a complimentary 30-minute back massage with the purchase of any 70-minute facial. Complimentary treatment must be received on the same day and by the same guest.
4. Cocktails & Tango Autumn Fest
During the Thanksgiving weekend, the Biltmore will host its nightly Biltmore Social event series featuring live jazz, cocktail specials and signature drinks including Pumpkin Pie Martini and Crème Brûlée Martini. Guests are invited to visit the Biltmore Bar, Cascade and the Cellar Bar to taste the holiday themed concoctions.
Additionally, on Tuesday, November 23rd, the Biltmore will celebrate the Tango Autumn Fest hosted by World Tango Champion Monica Llobet. The event starts with group classes for advanced students from 8 p.m. to 9 p.m. and beginners from 9 p.m. to 10 p.m. Following class, guests will share the dance floor with experienced milongueros as they practice tango throughout the evening. Nightly drawing includes Sunday Champagne brunch for two at the Biltmore. Admission is $20 and includes the class and milonga.
5. Bed & Breakfast Getaway
Spend Thanksgiving weekend in a classic luxury resort. Enjoy a Bed & Breakfast Getaway offering V.I.P. welcome amenity upon arrival, daily breakfast credit, preferred late check-out, suite upgrade and complimentary town car transportation around Coral Gables. Rates start from $229 per night, plus tax and resort fee.
For more information, please call 305-445-1926. The Biltmore Hotel is located at 1200 Anastasia Avenue in Coral Gables, Florida.
For more information or to make reservations, please visit www.BiltmoreHotel.com or call (800) 727-1926.