Tuesday, October 23, 2012 from 7:00 PM to 10:00 PM (EDT)
New World Center
500 17th Street
Miami Beach, 33139
TEDxMIA’s “Framing the Future” is a tour of a future where crippling disabilities are cured, consumption and carbon mitigation work together, and businesses profit from leaving the world a little bit better than they found it. These ideas, which are from or pertain to Miami, have the potential to fundamentally alter the playing field of the next century.
Born out of the theme of this year’s event, “Framing the Future”, the talk topics will explore ideas that will fundamentally change the way we see the future and could utimately alter the playing field of the next century. Together, we’ll be pondering a future where disabilities are cured; the impacts of political polarisation; how a cultural craving for a soup is destroying the ecosystem; music as a healing power; where philanthropy will take us next and everything you didn’t know about sharks.
- Nicolas Berardi, Philanthropic entrepreneur
- Shelton G. Berg, Musician, Dean of Music
- Peter T. Coleman, Complexity Scientist
- Neil Hammerschlag, Marine biologist
- Leisha John, Sustainabilty Director
- Pablo Landi, Music therapist
- Justin Sanchez, Neural Engineer
- Svet Stoyanov, Percussionist
- Pioneer Winter, Choreographer
- Oct 23, 2012, 7:00pm