Whether spent at home, abroad or somewhere in between, Starwood Preferred Guest® (SPG®), the award-winning loyalty program from Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, Inc. (NYSE: HOT), believes no weekend should be wasted. SPG’s new Weekend Channel website (spg.com/weekends) provides tips and inspiration to help guests plan their next weekend getaway and make it one to remember.
The SPG Weekend Channel is the ultimate weekend guide designed to help guests leave the office at the office and enjoy the thrill of the weekend. The site was designed to spark guests’ interest in travel with engaging content including:
- · The most breathtaking views as seen from our Sheraton Club Lounges across America.
- · Insights from local experts with the “Weekend City Picks” guide, including tips from where to find the best New York City pizza to where to take the kids to see paleontologists dusting off new discoveries.
- · A list of the hottest beachfront hotels where you can soak up the sun and drink in the best ocean views including those found at The Westin Puntacana Resort & Club and the Four Points by Sheraton Jacksonville Beachfront.
- · The best farmers’ markets to get delectable local fruits and veggies as told by our acclaimed chefs including Chef Andres Meraz, Executive Chef at the Royal Palm South Beach Miami, a Tribute Portfolio Resort.
- · Beautiful photo galleries that let guests take a visual dip in our best pools.
- · Updates on the latest apps and gadgets to e-help guests “turn on” their weekends and boost their next trip.
- · The RunWESTIN Concierge’s list of running trails that will fit the training schedule of runners of any level
- · And so much more.
“Nearly 30 percent of Americans report working during the weekends,” said Lori Strasberg, Vice President Field Marketing for Starwood Hotels & Resorts. “It’s time to take back the weekend, and the SPG Weekend Channel inspires our members by providing everything they need to build their ultimate weekend.”
SPG is making weekends even sweeter. Starting in June, SPG members can register to earn 1,000 bonus Starpoints on stays of two or more nights that include a Friday, Saturday or Sunday night. This offer will be valid at Starwood’s more than 1,200 hotels and resorts around the world through August 31st.
Visit spg.com/weekends to reclaim the weekend and learn more.