During its Grand Opening weekend event Friday, June 18 through Sunday, June 20, the only LEGO Store in Miami and second location in Florida will debut at Aventura Mall in Miami, FL. The new store will feature a consumer-friendly design with room for interactive play, and the retailer has planned a variety of events to entertain LEGO fans throughout the weekend.
Described as the ultimate in kid-chic, Aventura Mall’s new LEGO store features a consumer-friendly design with room for interactive play. The store will feature wall-to-wall products offerings and highlights of LEGO history. The store, located on the 1st floor near JCPenney will have a center interactive area for shoppers to get ‘hands-on, minds-on’ with LEGO play materials and new products. As well as sets of LEGO bricks, shoppers will be able to make bulk purchases of LEGO bricks in a variety of colors and shapes at the store’s Pick A Brick wall.
LEGO events are scheduled throughout the weekend, beginning Friday, June 18 through Sunday, June 20. The events include:
- Friday, June 18: Buzz Lightyear™ Build. Beginning at 11:00 a.m. on Friday, June 18, LEGO Master Builder Dan Steininger will use LEGO bricks to construct an eight-foot tall model of Buzz Lightyear. Held at Center Court, the Buzz Lightyear build is free and fun for LEGO enthusiasts of all ages. Everyone who participates will receive a LEGO Certificate of Achievement, while supplies last. Construction for the day will end at 7:00 p.m.
- Saturday, June 19: Buzz Lightyear™ Build continues. The Buzz Lightyear build on Saturday begins at 10:00 a.m. and continues through 6:00 p.m.
- Saturday, June 19: Special LEGO set offer. The first 300 customers at the LEGO Store to spend $35 or more will receive a free, exclusive LEGO Set designed just for the Aventura Mall LEGO Store Grand Opening: a LEGO Art Deco Building set! The set is designed for ages 6+.
- Sunday, June 20: Commemorative t-shirt giveaway. The first 300 customers at the new LEGO store on Sunday will receive a free, commemorative children’s LEGO minifigure t-shirt with a $35 purchase.
- Sunday, June 20: Buzz Lightyear build continues plus building tips from the Master. The build begins at 12:00 p.m. on Sunday and continues until 6:00 p.m. Also, Master Builder Dan Steininger will be offering building tips and tricks and holding trivia contests throughout the day!
LEGO Stores house wall-to-wall product amidst three key design components. The “Pick A Brick Wall”, by far the hottest store feature, offers the option to purchase specific LEGO bricks and elements in a variety of colors and shapes in bulk. The “Living Room”, an interactive play area prominently positioned in the center of the store, gives consumers a chance to get “hands-on, minds-on” with LEGO products, view out of the box displays or just take a break from shopping. Finally, a “Brand Ribbon” runs the circumference of the store, featuring LEGO model displays, company history and fun facts to entertain guests.
Guests will find a full selection of LEGO products and branded merchandise for children ages 2 and up, including all-new Atlantis construction sets, hot new products in the award-winning CREATOR and CITY lines, and LEGO DUPLO® sets for preschoolers, including a Farm theme.
For more information, visit www.LEGO.com
For more information call (305) 935-1110, visit the website at www.aventuramall.com.