General public ticket sales open at 12:00 AM (EST) on Monday, October 22, 2012 for the 12th annual Food Network South Beach Wine &Food Festival presented by FOOD & WINE. Taking place February 21 – 24, 2013, the Festival has raised over $16 million to date for the Florida International University (FIU) Chaplin School of Hospitality and Tourism Managementand the Southern Wine & Spirits Beverage Management Center. The 2013 edition boasts a unique program of tastings, parties, dinners, and seminars designed to please everyone’s taste buds!
MasterCard® cardholders continue to have presale access to tickets through 11:59 PM (EST) on Sunday, October 21 online at www.sobefest.com or by calling 877.762.3933 (phone sales are open Monday – Friday, 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM EST).
Those searching for the Festival’s one-of-a-kind parties have a vast selection to choose from, including:
- Moët Hennessy’s The Q After Dark with Special Guest Chef Curtis Stone
- Godiva Indulge hosted by Duff Goldman
- Oyster Bash presented by Island Creek Oysters hosted by Ming Tsai and Jeremy Sewall
- Garden to Glass hosted by Emeril Lagasse Featuring Bar Lab Cocktails & My Ceviche
- Pescado and Pisco: A Taste of Peru Hosted by Gastón Acurio & Laurent Tourondel
- A Red Hot Night: Presented By Target
- Guy Fieri’s Roadshow & Reggae with Ziggy Marley featuring Cuisine Of The Sun By Ortanique and Friends – The Official Festival Closing Party, and much more!
The Festival’s signature Whole Foods Market Grand Tasting Village, featuring MasterCard® Grand Tasting Tents and KitchenAid Culinary Demonstrations, on Saturday and Sunday, February 23 & 24 are taking culinary competition to a new level, with attendees being able to text in their favorite dishes to vote for the first annual Miami New Times’ “Short Order’s Best Bite on the Beach” award.
Even golfers will have the opportunity to indulge in a special wine and culinary experience on Saturday, February 23 at Turnberry Isle Resort during the Celebrity Chef Golf Tournament hosted by José Andrés. Sign up either as a four-some or single player, and every group will be paired with a chef, winemaker or spirit producer to accompany them as they slice their way through a delicious day on the course.
The Festival’s host hotel Loews Miami Beach will once again be home to its iconic Tribute Dinner, this year honoring Nobu Matsuhisa and Christophe Navarre with Mistress of Ceremonies Martha Stewart presented by Bank of America on Saturday, February 23. This celebration of Matsuhisa, a celebrity chef and restaurateur known for his fusion cuisine blending traditional Japanese dishes with South American ingredients, and Navarre, Chief Executive Officer of Moët Hennessy, is sure to be a weekend highlight.
Gourmands will also relish in the unique brunches available during the 2013 Festival! These include:
- Brunch with Bobby Flay
- Dolce Brunch hosted by Daniel Boulud
- A-List Farm to Table Brunch presented by Whole Foods Market hosted by Amanda Freitag, Alex Guarnaschelli and Anita Lo
- Southern Kitchen Brunch Hosted by Trisha Yearwood
Plus, everyone’s Festival favorites like the Moët Hennessy’s The Q Hosted By Paula Deen and Sons presented by Omaha Steaks sponsored by Miami Magazine, Amstel Light Burger Bash presented by Pat La Frieda Meats & Diet Pepsi hosted by Rachael Ray, Fontainebleau Miami Beach presents Wine Spectator’s Best Of The Best sponsored by Bank Of America, and more – return for an unprecedented level of food, wine, spirits, and fun on one of America’s most beautiful beaches!
Tickets are available online at www.sobefest.com or by calling 877.762.3933. Stay up-to-date with the excitement by following the Festival at www.Facebook.com/SOBEWFF or follow founder and director Lee Brian Schrager at www.twitter.com/Lee_Schrager.