Aug. 10-11 – Miami, FL (Dadeland Mall)
From the biggest urban metropolis to the smallest town, every city and town in America is unique, and the maker of the uDraw GameTablet® is inviting kids across the country to celebrate that diversity with its nationwide uDraw™ Your City art contest as it embarks on a multi-city mall tour this week to bring uDraw to aspiring artists and gamers.
“We hope ‘uDraw Your City’ will further encourage the amazing creativity we’ve seen on the uDraw and instill the importance of arts in kids and in the community”
From Sept. 1 to Oct. 31, uDraw is inviting kids between 6 and 17 to draw a picture that represents what their hometown or home city means to them. The uDraw Your City grand prize winner will receive a prize package worth more than $15,000, including a uDraw, a host of games for the innovative device, and a $10,000 cash prize that the winner can choose to apply toward a college scholarship. Additionally, THQ will donate $10,000 to the winner’s elementary, middle, junior high or high school of choice to help support its art program.
uDraw Your City contestants can use uDraw to illustrate what they love most about their city – limited only by their imaginations. Entries may also be created in traditional print formats using any artistic medium. A digital copy of the entrant’s artwork must be submitted through the uDraw website: www.WorldofuDraw.com/uDrawYourCity or submitted via mail. Entry submissions begin Sept. 1 and ends Oct. 31.
Winners will be chosen by a panel of judges and selected based on three criteria: artistic merit of the appropriate age group (6-8 years, 9-11 years, 12-14 years or 15-17 years); creativity in the use of art tools, which may include the uDraw; and how well the artwork represents the uDraw Your City theme. The official uDraw Your City judging panel will be announced at a later date. The winners will be selected on Nov. 11.
Since its release in November 2010, uDraw has sparked an art trend and inspired artists from all over the world who use uDraw as an art tool to create extraordinary masterpieces, from graffiti artists to comic-book illustrators. The artistic capabilities of the uDraw GameTablet can be seen in the numerous works of art submitted by the uDraw community, which are featured in the Gallery section of worldofudraw.com and the uDraw Facebook fan page.
“We hope ‘uDraw Your City’ will further encourage the amazing creativity we’ve seen on the uDraw and instill the importance of arts in kids and in the community,” said Martin Good, Executive Vice President of PlayTHQTM, the company’s division for kids, family and casual games. “Since THQ brought uDraw to the world, it has inspired artists of all ages to utilize uDraw as a unique way to create their works of art.”
To promote uDraw Your City, THQ has partnered with one of the largest video-game retail stores in the nation, Gamestop, which will showcase uDraw and provide information about uDraw Your City to consumers as part of its mall tour in more than 25 cities across the U.S., including:
- Aug. 10-11 – Miami, FL (Dadeland Mall)
- Aug. 13-14 – Orlando, FL (Florida Mall)
- Aug. 16 – Tampa, FL (Tyrone Square Mall)
- Aug. 18 – Jacksonville, FL (The Avenues)
- Aug. 20-21 – Atlanta, GA (Discovery Mills)
- Aug. 23-24 – Charlotte, NC (Concord Mills)
- Aug. 27-28 – Washington, DC. (St. Charles Town CTR)
- Aug. 29-31 – New York, NY (Menlo Park Mall; Smith Haven)
- Sept. 3-4 – Boston, MA (Square One; Emerald Square)
- Sept. 10-11 – Detroit, MI (Briarwood Mall)
- Sept. 17-18 – Indianapolis, IN (Castleton Square Mall)
- Sept. 24-25 – Chicago, IL (Orland Square Mall)
- Oct. 1-2 – Milwaukee, WI (Southridge Mall)
- Oct. 5 – Minneapolis, MN (Southdale Center)
- Oct. 8-9 – Kansas, MO (Independence Center Mall)
- Oct. 12 – Oklahoma City, OK (Woodland Hills Mall)
- Oct. 15-16 – Dallas, TX (Grapevine Mills)
- Oct. 22 – Houston, TX (Katy Mills Mall)
- Oct. 23-26 – Denver, CO (Colorado Mills Mall)
- Oct. 29-30 – Phoenix, AZ (Arizona Mills)
- Nov. 5-6 – San Francisco, CA (Great Mall; Stoneridge Mall)
- Nov. 12-13 – Los Angeles, CA (Ontario Mills)
For more information about uDraw Your City, how to enter, and for the complete official contest rules, please visit www.WorldofuDraw.com/uDrawYourCity.