TUNE IN TO THE “2020 AMERICAN MUSIC AWARDS”
TONIGHT, LIVE ON ABC AT 8 PM ET/PT
HOSTED BY TARAJI P. HENSON WITH APPEARANCES BY BELL BIV DEVOE,
BILLIE EILISH, BTS, DUA LIPA, JENNIFER LOPEZ AND MALUMA,
KATY PERRY, MEGAN THEE STALLION, THE WEEKND AND MANY MORE
Can’t-Miss Opening Performance from Justin Bieber and Shawn Mendes
- Oscar® and Emmy® nominated and Golden Globe®-winning actor, writer and producer Taraji P. Henson will make her American Music Awards (AMAs) hosting debut, and will take the stage for an unforgettable opening number to usher in music’s hottest night of the year.
- Fans can expect world premiere performances and unique collaborations from music’s biggest artists of the year, including Billie Eilish (“Therefore I Am”), BTS (“Dynamite” and “Life Goes On”), Dua Lipa (“Levitating”), Jennifer Lopez and Maluma (“Pa’ Ti” and “Lonely”), Shawn Mendes (“Wonder” and “Monster” feat. Justin Bieber), Katy Perry (“Only Love” with Darius Rucker), Lil Baby(“Emotionally Scarred”), Megan Thee Stallion (“Body”), The Weeknd (“In Your Eyes” feat. Kenny G, and “Save Your Tears”).
- Additional superstar appearances by 24kGoldn with Iann Dior (“Mood”), Bad Bunny, Bebe Rexha Feat. Doja Cat (“Baby, I’m Jealous”), Bell Biv DeVoe (“Poison” and “Do Me”), Dan + Shay, Justin Bieber (“Holy” and “Lonely” with Benny Blanco), Lewis Capaldi (“Before You Go”), Machine Gun Kelly withTravis Barker, Nelly with Cedric The Entertainer (“Country Grammar,” “E.I.,” and “Ride Wit Me”).
- Presenters include Anthony Anderson, Cara Delevingne, Christian Serratos, Ciara, David Dobrik, Derek Hough, G-Eazy, Kristin Cavallari, Laverne Cox,Megan Fox, Paris Hilton and Tayshia Adams.
- As the world’s largest fan voted awards show, the American Music Awards gives fans the entertainment thrill they’ve been waiting for all year with first-time collaborations, exclusive world premiere performances, chart-topping favorites, and surprise appearances from music’s biggest names.
- The American Music Awards will broadcast live from The Microsoft Theatre in Los Angeles and is seen in more than 200 countries and territories around the world. Nominees are based on key fan interactions – as reflected on the Billboard charts – including streaming, album and digital song sales, radio airplay, and social activity. These measurements are tracked by Billboard and its data partners MRC Data and Next Big Sound, and reflect the time period of Sept. 27, 2019, through Sept. 24, 2020. The AMA winners are voted entirely by fans.
The “2020 American Music Awards” is sponsored by Cheetos, T-Mobile and Xfinity.
The “2020 American Music Awards” airs Sunday, Nov. 22 at 8 p.m. ET/PT on ABC.
About ABC Entertainment
ABC Entertainment airs compelling programming across all day parts, including “Grey’s Anatomy,” the longest-running medical drama in prime-time television; riveting dramas “The Good Doctor,” “A Million Little Things” and “Station 19”; trailblazing comedy favorites “American Housewife,” “black-ish,” “The Conners,” “The Goldbergs” and “mixed-ish”; the popular “Summer Fun & Games” programming block, including “Celebrity Family Feud,” “Holey Moley,” “Match Game,” “Press Your Luck” and “To Tell the Truth”; star-making sensation “American Idol”; reality phenomenon “Shark Tank”; “The Bachelor” franchise; long-running hits “Dancing with the Stars” and “America’s Funniest Home Videos”; “General Hospital,” which has aired for more than 55 years on the network; and late-night talk show “Jimmy Kimmel Live!”; as well as two critically acclaimed, Emmy® Award-winning “Live in Front of a Studio Audience” specials. The network also boasts some of television’s most prestigious awards shows, including “The Oscars®,” “The CMA Awards” and the “American Music Awards.”
ABC programming can also be viewed on demand and on Hulu.