Belmond unveils a new summer house in Ravello, Belmond Villa Margherita. The 2,100 square foot villa comprises two fully equipped suites (Belvedere and Miramare) featuring custom hand-painted murals and antique terracotta. Ideal for families and larger groups of travelers, the villa offers all the services of a Belmond hotel while granting its residents complete privacy.
· The Wauwinet on Nantucket and Serena & Lily have collaborated to present The Anchorage House by Serena & Lily opening on April 18, 2019. The three-bedroom beach cottage will feature the brand’s signature coastal furniture and design.
· Shou Sugi Ban House is a new kind of wellness sanctuary offering three-, four-, and six-night retreats focusing on transformation, healing, and an exploration of one’s self, and it’s opening this May in Water Mill. Guests’ days comprise many forms of wellness ranging from beach hikes, reiki, spa treatments, sound healing, and meditation punctuated by gourmet cooking demonstrations (menus are curated by Mads Refslund, formerly of lauded Noma restaurant in Copenhagen).
· When La Réserve Ramatuelle opens for the season in mid-April, the property will introduce a new beach club on the famous Pampelonne Beach. Designed by Philipe Starck (whose work includes Le Meurice and Faena in Buenos Aires), La Réserve à La Plage will include a 120-seat beachfront restaurant from the resort’s Michelin starred chef Eric Canino and 75 sunbeds.
· The Christopher in St. Barth is broadening its horizons and introducing its very own yacht, Lady Beatrice, in the Mediterranean. Based in Cannes, the yacht can be booked for a private cruise just for the day and up to multiple weeks. The 98-foot boat can accommodate up to eight guests and comes with a five person crew.
· Nayara Tented Camp will open in Fall 2019 in Costa Rica. Each tent – designed by veteran luxury safari tent company Luxury Frontiers – will have a private plunge pool filled with naturally warm water from the nearby Arenal volcano’s hot springs, with open views of that volcano and surrounded by a sloth sanctuary.
· As part of 33 sailings to Latin America in 2019 and 2020, PONANT announced a new 10-night itinerary, ‘An Exploration in Nature in Costa Rica & the Panama Canal’ with stops at Corcovado National Park, UNESCO World Heritage site Darien Jungle, and the San Blas Islands to meet with the indigenous people. Guests will sail onboard PONANT’s newest vessel Le Dumont d’Urville, departing January 6, 2020.
· Almanac Barcelona created a series of experiences to celebrate the Easter holiday, including a sharing menu at Línia, kids’ egg painting classes, and traditional La Mona de Pasquas – decadent Spanish cakes topped with chocolate eggs and figurines crafted using the property’s own chocolate tempering machine.
· The Chatwal, New York launched a dedicated Theater Concierge, Juan Espinal, to share insider knowledge on the hottest shows and work with guests to craft an immersive Broadway experience including a behind-the-scenes look at some of Broadway’s biggest theaters, tickets to otherwise sold-out productions, and meet-and-greets with cast favorites.
· Pet parents may pamper their furry friends with Hotel Yountville‘s new pet friendly offerings. Dogs will enjoy a special culinary menu, complete with gourmet treats for dessert; monogrammed bedding; dog bowls; and ropes and frisbees to ensure playful adventures and a restful sleep.
· Today, Guinot launches Crème Pur Confort SPF 15, a daily cream for sensitive skin that protects against environmental and internal irritants – from water to wind to emotional stress – to soften and even out complexion.
· Coinciding with the launch of the Victoria & Albert Museum’s latest exhibition, Christian Dior – Designer of Dreams (on display through September), The Kensington is offering a three-night suite package, including tickets to the exhibition and a custom cocktail, ‘The Corolle’ inspired by Dior’s first couture collection in 1947 ‘La Ligne Corolle’.