The Palms Spa & Hotel helps Aveda make a difference this holiday season. Conscientious shoppers will find Aveda’s 2010 Holiday Collection at The Palms Spa. These limited-edition gift sets offer a sensory journey of harmony and tranquility while bring hope to 400 families and 400 acres of rainforest in Colombia.
Featuring many of Aveda’s all-time favorites, the Holiday 2010 collection celebrates the beauty of well-being while honoring women artisans and indigenous people in Colombia who helped make this season’s gift sets one of a kind. Every boxed gift set contains either a free tagua nut hair band or organic cotton travel pouch with a handcrafted tagua nut closure—created by artisans in Bogota, Colombia. This holiday season, Aveda is uniting with Hope for Women, a socially and environmentally responsible fair trade organization committed to providing sustainable employment for economically disadvantaged women worldwide. Joining together to source tagua nut accessories helps carve out a better future for 400 families and helps preserve 400 acres of rainforest in Colombia. Collecting tagua nuts helps provide incentive to local forest inhabitants to protect the trees and keep the rainforest intact. Aveda’s purchase is the largest fair trade, sustainably harvested rainforest product export in Columbia’s history.
The following selection of Aveda’s exclusive Holiday 2010 gift collection is now available at The Palms Spa:
- SENSORY TREASURES $62 – What’s inside: Soothing Aqua Therapy, Replenishing Moisturizer, Lavender Fleurs Singular Note, a ravel-size Chakra Balancing Body Mist #4: Anahata, a Chakra ritual card, and a tagua nut hair band. Packaged in a reusable custom gift box featuring a design inspired by the tagua nut.
- GROUNDING RITUAL $26 – What’s inside: Holiday Soy-Wax Candle with a 100% organically-derived grounding aroma and a tagua nut hair band. Packaged in a reusable custom gift box featuring a design inspired by the tagua nut.
- BALANCING RITUAL $42.50 – What’s inside: A travel-size “root” Chakra Balancing Body Mist, a Chakra ritual card, Sandalwood Singular Note, Foot Relief, and a tagua nut hair band. Packaged in a reusable custom gift box featuring a design inspired by the tagua nut.
- FOLLOW THE SUN $22 – What’s inside: Travel sizes of Sun Care Hair & Body Cleanser, Sun Care Protective Hair Veil, Sun Care After-Sun Hair Masque, and a tagua nut hair band. Packaged in a reusable custom gift box featuring a design inspired by the tagua nut.
- SHINING LIP TRIO $21 – What’s inside: Three mini Lip Shines in Golden Prism, Juneberry, and Night Iris. Packaged in an organic cotton travel pouch adorned with tagua nuts.
- CUSTOM GIFTS. Aveda has expanded its selection of travel-size products exclusively for the holiday season. Guests can choose any three travel-size Aveda products to create a custom-made gift set and receive a complimentary reusable gift box featuring a design inspired by the tagua nut. Prices vary.
The Palms Spa is dedicated to nurturing guests with highly personalized experiences and rituals influenced by ancient Ayurvedic holistic philosophy and enhanced with high performance, natural and botanically derived products in a tranquil atmosphere inspired by nature. Situated in the hotel’s lower lobby, the 5,000-square foot facility features a series of multi-purpose rooms including a couple’s suite with experience snail shower, an indoor/outdoor relaxation area with steam room, poolside treatment cabanas, a beauty salon, an Aveda retail area and a fitness room. The Palms Spa is open 7 days per week from 9:00am to 9:00pm. A full menu of spa services is available on www.thepalmshotel.com.