South Florida’s prestigious Bal Harbour Shops, featuring fashion’s top designers and the highest concentration of world-class jewelers and watches in the nation, presents an amazing collection of dazzling treasures for Destination Fashion 2009’s silent auction that kicks off on Thursday, February 26, benefiting The Buoniconti Fund to Cure Paralysis, the national fundraising arm of The Miami Project. The main event will be on Saturday, March 7th where American designer and style icon Michael Kors will be in attendance to personally showcase his exclusive Fall 2009 Collection runway show, presented by Saks Fifth Avenue Bal Harbour and the musical headliner will be Grammy Winner SEAL with the legendary Pointer Sisters also performing.
“Destination Fashion is South Florida’s most anticipated event of the year,” states Suzie Sayfie, Executive Director of The Miami Project to Cure Paralysis. “With overwhelming support and encouragement to re-create this fashion extravaganza, we are back for the event of the century. The unprecedented generosity and commitment shown by Bal Harbour Shops’ collection of stores is remarkable and truly a testament to the longevity and reputation of its luxury brands.”
Listed below is a sampling of red-carpet worthy jewels on the bidding block:
- Audemars Piguet — Lady Royal Oak timepiece with black dial and date display with stainless steel case featuring bezel set with 32 diamonds. (Valued at $10,200)
- From De Beers, a white-gold Grassland Skirt Ring with 120 dazzling diamonds, total weight of 1.55 cts. (Valued at $8,600)
- A truly luxurious Cartier Ballon Bleu de Cartier automatic large yellow gold watch. (Valued at $8,375)
- Piaget’s Lime Light “Funny Heart” pendant in 18 karat yellow gold with brilliant cut diamonds. (Valued at $7,600)
- A Pomellato ring from the PIN-UP collection facetted rock crystal set in 18 karat rose gold with pave diamond and ruby prongs. (Valued at $7,500)
- “Classic 1900” Belmont Men’s Tourneau watch in 18 karat rose gold. (Valued at $5,450)
Everyone knows that a woman can never have too many designer shoes, handbags or accessories and the Destination Fashion auction is sure to please and provides a tempting array of items available for bid:
- Fendi’s one-of-a-kind white crocodile Bag Du Jour. (Valued at ($26,500)
- The Perfect Travel Bag from Chanel — a carry-on chic tote in supple white calfskin with silver metal detailing. (Valued at $3,000)
- Six pairs of stunning shoes from Miu Miu — one pair a month for 6 months. (Valued at $3,500)
- Yves Saint Laurent invites you to choose one accessory per month for 6 months — and offers the winner the opportunity to create their own Y-Mail collection, inspired by Mr. Laurent’s handwriting and his historic address in Paris. (Valued at $3,500)
Male and female fashionistas alike can satisfy their stylish cravings with fabulous items available such as:
- Classic black Brioni tuxedo, renowned for impeccable fit and styling. (Valued at $6,700)
- Carolina Herrera gold floral metallic lace gown. This one-of-a-kind gown, modeled by Renee Zellweger is featured in this month’s Marie Claire magazine. (Valued at $8,490)
Frequent fliers who are looking to experience exciting destinations can satisfy their appetite for adventure with the following options:
- 100% Capri “St. Barth Without Luggage” his and her get-a-away for two. Enjoy a two-night stay at St. Barth’s five star luxury resort, Eden Rock and leave your luggage at home. 100% Capri, luxury linen apparel, will dress you and your companion from head to toe. (Valued at $10,700)
- Saks Fifth Avenue has packaged an incredible experience for two to attend and experience Michael Kors at New York’s Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week with a two-night stay at The Plaza, airfare included. (Valued at $15,000)
- Luxury fashion brand St. John will treat two lucky fashion lovers to New York City for a one-on-one meeting with Executive VP of Design and will also experience a day of shopping that will include one custom design suit — trip includes airfare and two nights stay. (Valued at $5,000)
Starting Thursday, February 26, 2009, supporters and shoppers are invited to begin bidding on auction items in Bal Harbour Shops’ participating stores. The items will be on-display to the public for pre-bidding through the week leading up to Destination Fashion. Final bids will be taken at the close of the evening’s auction on Saturday, March 7th. Tiffany & Co. “Chances for a Cure Wall” will also be featured at the main event and will offer a selection of amazing gifts totaling more than $25,000.
For more information on tickets to Destination Fashion 2009, contact Stephanie Sayfie Aagaard, Director of Corporate Relations, Marketing & Events for Miami Project at (305) 243-4645 or e-mail, email@example.com.
Destination Fashion 2009, presented by Stewart Rahr, will be a star-studded event benefiting The Buoniconti Fund, the national fundraising arm of The Miami Project to Cure Paralysis and takes place at Bal Harbour Shops on March 7, 2009. For the festivities which expects two thousand revelers, celebrities and notables from the worlds of entertainment, sports, media and fashion, Bal Harbour Shops will be transformed into the “Decades, 70’s, 80’s, 90’s and Today” — by event impresario Barton G. Tommy Lee Jones and wife Dawn Jones will serve as Honorary Chairs. Michael Kors will showcase his Fall collection straight from the runway at New York’s Fashion Week. The evening will culminate with performances by multi-platinum recording artist SEAL and the much-loved The Pointer Sisters.
Contacts: Mary Kaye Daniels Scott Roy Charlie Cinnamon BWR Public Relations The Buoniconti Fund Charles Cinnamon PR 212-901-3938 305-243-8939 305-807-5335