PÈREZ ART MUSEUM MIAMI OPENS TO THE PUBLIC
Ribbon-Cutting Ceremony with Miami-Dade County and City of Miami Mayors and Elected Officials
WHAT: Pérez Art Museum Miami (PAMM) opens to the public with a ribbon-cutting ceremony featuring remarks by Miami-Dade County Mayor Carlos Gimenez, City of Miami Mayor Tomas Regalado, elected officials and PAMM Board of Trustees Chairman Aaron Podhurst. PAMM, Miami’s first major art museum, will give Miami a year-round hub for world-class art exhibitions and educational programming. The museum is expected to draw more cultural tourism to the city, bring more world-class exhibitions to the residents of Miami-Dade County, and provide a center for arts education. Through the PAMM Knight Schools Program, every third grader in Miami-Dade County is invited to visit the museum for free. Museum admission is free toMiami-Dade County residents for the museum’s opening, December 4-8.
WHEN: Ribbon-cutting begins Wednesday, December 4, 9-10am.
Museum doors open 10am. See pamm.org for special operating hours for opening week.
WHERE: Perez Art Museum Miami in Museum Park
1103 Biscayne Boulevard, Miami
From Biscayne Blvd, turn east on 11th street
· Jorge M. Pérez, PAMM donor
· Thom Collins, PAMM Director
· Miami-Dade County Mayor Carlos Gimenez
· City of Miami Mayor Tomas Regalado
· Commissioner Audrey M. Edmonson, District 3
· Senator Javier D. Souto, District 10
· City of Miami Comission Chairman MarcSarnoff, District 2
· Commissioner Bruno A. Barreiro, District 5
· Vice-Chair Lawrence S. Feldman of theSchool Board of Miami-Dade County, District 9