If it didn’t happen on “The ‘gram,” did it even happen? Working together with Instagram, Pepsi wants to make sure people get out and live their “Best. Summer. Ever.” Pepsi #Summergram will introduce hundreds of customized Augmented Reality filters and digital stickers to help consumers elevate their social media game throughout the summer. With fun summer-themed statements like “Tropic Like It’s Hot,” “Turnt Not Burnt,” “Catching Rays,” and “Call Me On My Shell Phone” appearing with graphic icons and QR codes on Pepsi, Diet Pepsi and Pepsi Zero Sugar bottles, fans can access exclusive Pepsi #Summergram content that will help plus up any summer mood – whether that’s relaxing at the pool, swimming at the lake, BBQing with friends, chilling at the beach and more.
Starting today – two of the most prolific social media personalities – Chrissy Teigen and DJ Khaled – will give fans a peek into their Pepsi #Summergram stories. Fans across the country can also get a head start on summer in four cities that will feature launch events for the kick off to Pepsi #Summergram – New York City, Chicago, Los Angeles and Miami. Today, fans should look out for larger-than-life, six-story tall Pepsi #Summergram inflatable icons and a series of special surprise-and-delight moments:
- New York, NY: “Always Pool Ready” Pepsi #Summergram Flamingo floatie traveling around Manhattan; evening celebration hosted by Chrissy Teigen and set by DJ Khaled
- Chicago, IL: “Don’t Worry Beach Happy” Pepsi #Summergram Crab adorning Navy Pier; free public event from 3p.m. – 6p.m. local time
- Los Angeles, CA: “Pool Day All Day” Pepsi #Summergram Unicorn floatie traveling from Long Beach to Malibu; free public event at Pacific Park on the Santa Monica Pier, PepsiCo’s newest entertainment partner in California from 5p.m. – 8p.m. local time
- Miami, FL: “Always Pool Ready” Pepsi #Summergram Flamingo along Biscayne Bay; free public event at Fontainebleau from 5p.m. – 8p.m. local time
The Pepsi #Summergram collection will be available across more than 200 million Pepsi, Diet Pepsi and Pepsi Zero Sugar 20 oz., 16 oz. and 16.9 oz. bottles throughout the summer at national and local retailers across the country. Additionally, Pepsi #Summergram statements and icons will appear on more than 30 million fountain cups at a variety of local restaurants and foodservice partners throughout the summer. With hundreds of unique AR filters, the Pepsi #Summergram collection highlights universal summer moments like BBQing, hiking, swimming and more, as well as highly localized sayings that capture the unique summer traditions across various parts of the country. Labels will feature iconic summer statements in both Spanish and English.
To share your Pepsi #Summergram moments, simply:
- Scan the QR code on any Pepsi #Summergram bottle using your camera phone to automatically open Instagram Stories and unlock a unique AR filter and statement
- Apply the Pepsi #Summergram AR filter directly to your video
- Share directly with friends on social media or add to your Instagram Story
In addition, fans can also access hundreds of additional Pepsi #Summergram digital stickers all summer long in the Instagram Story portal’s digital GIPHY library.
Throughout the campaign duration, Pepsi will celebrate the fact that summer is here, no matter how you enjoy, with the release of twenty-five television commercials that showcase the AR effects and iconic summer moments. Pepsi will also produce thousands of custom out-of-home billboards nationwide to help get fans across the country in the Pepsi #Summergram spirit. All season long, join the #Pepsi #Summergram conversation across social on Instagram, Facebookand Twitter (@Pepsi), and visit YouTube.com/Pepsi to check out the latest TV ads, exclusive content and more.