Village of Merrick Park announces the debut of its new signature event, In the Now @ Village of Merrick Park. The center’s first annual two-day fashion and trend event on May 3 to 4 is designed to introduce fashionistas to the latest collections at Village of Merrick Park, while raising funds for charity.
The inaugural event will include a special appearance by Nigel Barker, celebrity fashion photographer, America’s Next Top Model host and currently the host of The Face on the Oxygen Network. Barker will be on hand to take photos with some top shoppers from the day at Village of Merrick Park, and discuss the latest beauty and fashion trends from around the world.
In the Now @ Village of Merrick Park will also feature runway shows by Neiman Marcus and Nordstrom, as well as in-store experiences, trunk shows and more. Guests will meet style icons and have access to what’s usually reserved for fashion insiders during Fashion Week.
During the weekend event, Barker will unveil his latest photo exhibition RAW: Presented by Rock Paper Photo, with 10 percent of all sales of the photos going to benefit St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital, which is internationally recognized for its pioneering work in finding cures and saving children with pediatric cancer and other catastrophic diseases.
Friday, May 3 from 6:30-9p.m.
- VIP cocktail kickoff hosted by MIAMI Modern Luxury (invite only)
Saturday, May 4 from Noon-5p.m.
- NOON – Nordstrom fashion show; seating is based on first-come basis
- 12:30p.m. – SAWA Restaurant and Lounge tasting and entertainment
- 2p.m. – Q&A with Nigel Barker on beauty and fashion trends
- 3p.m. – Meet and greet with Nigel Barker exclusively for shoppers who spent $150 or more during the weekend event (receipt with purchases required)
- 4p.m. – Neiman Marcus fashion show; seating is based on first-come
Where: Outdoor courtyard and Garden at Village of Merrick Park, located at 358 San Lorenzo Ave.