The Greater Miami Convention & Visitors Bureau (GMCVB) today announces the inaugural Miami-Dade Farmers Month. The program, which runs from Nov. 1 to 30, features exclusive deals and experiences from South Dade’s farms and related businesses. For more information and to explore the more than 35 offers, visit MiamiDadeFarmersMonth.com.
“South Dade’s farmers have made an incredible impact on the destination as both an economic engine and a resource for its MICHELIN-recognized dining scene,” said David Whitaker, president & CEO of the GMCVB. “All month long, locals and visitors can discover unique experiences that celebrate the best of Miami’s countryside, such as picking fresh produce, savoring award-winning barbeque and enjoying Sunday morning goat yoga.”
Less than an hour south of Greater Miami and Miami Beach’s urban core, there’s another side of the destination: South Dade. Stretching from Pinecrest all the way to the Redland, Homestead, Florida City and the edge of the Everglades, this rural enclave is the heart of Miami’s farming community and features some of the area’s best family attractions such as Zoo Miami as well as exceptional event venues. From lychee groves to exotic fruit and vegetable farms to local produce stands and a winery, there are many ways to celebrate Miami’s farming community.
“This month is dedicated to our wonderful farming community that accounts for thousands of jobs and hundreds of millions of dollars to our local economy. Gone are the days when Miami was primarily known for its beaches, nightlife and entertainment. Now, Miami Farm Life is becoming a popular theme and scene with our South Dade agro-tourism industry growing,” said District 8 Miami-Dade County Commissioner Danielle Cohen Higgins. “It has been a priority of mine to showcase the health, beauty and diversity of our farming community and thankfully, with the excellent work of the GMCVB, we created the first ever Miami-Dade Farmers Month. This November, see you all in the South Side of Miami, aka, our Miami Countryside.”
HIGHLIGHTS OF SPECIAL OFFERS INCLUDE:
- EXPLORE NEW TERRITORY: Pick berries, walk through sunflower fields, take a hayride and explore a local farmer’s market at The Berry Farm. Immerse yourself in Florida’s ecosystem with buy-one-get-one-free tickets to the Back Country Everglades Boat Tour or a half-day kayaking excursion at Flamingo Adventures at Everglades National Park.
- MEET FURRY FRIENDS: See exotic animals on a tour at the Zoological Wildlife Foundation or take advantage of reduced-price admission to Pinto’s Farm, where you can feed the animals in the petting zoo, ride a tractor or take a paddle boat out on the lake. Receive buy-one-get-one-free goat yoga tickets at Aiyana’s Empire Dairy Goatsand visit the farm afterward to learn how to milk the goats and see how the farm is operated.
- FRESH FLAVORS: Enjoy an exclusive three-course dinner menu for $46 at French Bistro or two Caribbean-inspired bowls at Chefs on the Run for $22. Once you have your meal, visit Michael Borek Farm for 10% off your entire purchase where you can buy local heirloom tomatoes, produce, fresh herbs and greens to cook your own farm to table dish. If you’re looking for a fresh catch and delicious seafood, visit Golden Rule Seafood for 10% off your order.
Also taking place during Miami-Dade Farmers Month, Little River Cooperative, an edible plant nursery in the Redland, is hosting a Fall Open House on Sunday, Nov. 13, 2022, from noon to 5 p.m. Visitors can shop from the plant nursery, buy produce from French Farms, tour the fields, and attend a free workshop on “Fall Veggie Gardening” in the exhibition gardens. With the family in mind, Little River Cooperative has created fun, kid-friendly activities as well, like a ladybug release and sunflower seed planting.
SPECIAL PROGRAM PARTICIPANTS INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING:
- AC Hotel Miami Dadeland
- Aiyanna’s Empire Dairy Goats
- By Brothers Family Park
- Casaplanta Garden Center
- Chef Adrianne’s Vineyard Restaurant and Bar
- Chefs on the Run
- Coopertown Everglades Airboat Tour and Restaurant
- Coral Castle Museum
- Courtyard Miami Dadeland
- Deering Estate
- Flamingo Adventures at Everglades National Park
- French Bistro
- Fruit and Spice Park
- Gold Coast Railroad Museum
- Golden Rule Seafood
- Heritage Market
- LNB Grovestand
- Miami Fruit
- Miami Marriott Dadeland
- Miccosukee Casino and Resort
- Michael Borek Farm, LLC
- Nanasgreene CSA, LLC
- New Beginning Nursery and Service
- Paradise Farms Organic
- Pinto’s Farm
- Richard Lyons Nursery, Inc.
- Robert is Here Fruit Stand
- The Berry Farm
- Tinez Farms
- Zoological Wildlife Foundation
Locals and visitors can also take advantage of the year-round Miami Temptations Program established by the GMCVB. The series of themed months are designed to cultivate awareness and appreciation of the many assets within the vibrant destination by curating special programming and discounts for visitors and locals to explore. The program is home to Miami Arts, Culture & Heritage Months (December – January), Miami Health & Wellness Months (February – March), Miami Attraction & Museum Months (April – May), Miami Spa Months (July – August), Miami Spice Restaurant Months (August – September), Miami Hotel Months (June – September) and Miami Entertainment Months (October – November).
To get further engaged with Greater Miami & Miami Beach, join the conversation by following us on our social media channels at Facebook.com/visitmiami, Twitter.com/miamiandbeaches, Instagram.com/miamiandbeaches,TikTok.com/@miamiandmiamibeach and Pinterest.com/miamiandbeaches.