The Miami Dolphins today announced the Hispanic Heritage Month (Sep. 15th through Oct. 15th) festivities that are planned for their game on Sunday, September 18th against the Houston Texans.
Latin Grammy Award-winning Puerto Rican singer and composer, LUIS FONSI, will perform the national anthem. During halftime, Cuban-American singer-songwriter and model, NAYER, will perform at LIV Sun Life Stadium. She is a featured artist in Pitbull’s 2011 hit single “Give Me Everything”. BIG SYPHE, who is Pitbull’s DJ, will add a Latin beat to LIV Sun Life as the featured DJ for this game.
The Dolphins also will celebrate Hispanic Heritage Month through a number of special gameday entertainment elements as well as community activities. Among the highlights:
- Latin-style tailgate experience at the AT&T Grand Plaza prior to kickoff
- Latin-themed dance performances by the Dolphins Cheerleaders in-game
- Hispanic-themed prizes during a fan on-field contest at halftime, presented by AT&T
- Backpack giveaway on September 13th that includes children from Leisure City Elementary School, which is predominantly Hispanic.
- Papa John’s Pizza party at Miami Gardens Elementary on October 4th with players and Miami Dolphins Women’s Organization at Miami Gardens Elementary. The school is 62% Hispanic.
- Community pep rally featuring Dolphins Cheerleaders, Fins Force, prizes and more at Dolphin Mall on Friday, September 16th from 7 to 9 p.m.
- Participation by Dolphins Cheerleaders and TD, the team mascot, at the Coral Gables Hispanic Cultural Festival in October.
Additionally, the Dolphins along with the NFL and the Hispanic Heritage Foundation will recognize Dr. Joe Greer at the game as a Hispanic leader by presenting him with the Hispanic Heritage Leadership Award, through the support of Bud Light. This prestigious new award recognizes significant contributions made by Hispanic leaders in all 32 NFL markets during Hispanic Heritage Month. Dr. Greer is being recognized for his lifelong dedication to the delivery of health services to thousands of homeless people in Miami-Dade, including Little Havana through the St. John Bosco Clinic. With the support of Bud Light, a $2,000 donation will be made to the FIU College of Medicine Hispanic Student Scholarship, as selected by Dr. Greer.
Bud Light and Anheuser-Busch have been a longtime friend and partner of the Hispanic community, enriching people’s lives by supporting organizations that make a positive difference. In the past two decades alone, grants and contributions in support of the Hispanic community have totaled more than $64 million.
Univision 23 and Univision Radio with its stations AMOR 107.5 and WQBA 1140 AM are presenting media sponsors. All Dolphins’ games can be heard locally in Spanish on WQBA 1140-AM, the Dolphins official Spanish-language radio station, and on WRLX-FM Mia 92.1FM in West Palm Beach.