Registration open for 5th annual Bacardi women’s empowerment conference
hosted virtually on October 20, 2020
Featured speakers include Deshauna Barber, Misa Hylton, Ashtin Berry,
Cyndie Spiegel, Chris Edwards and more.
Doors may be closed, but conversations are open as Bacardi brings back its annual tradition of the Spirit Forward Summit where trailblazers share their lessons on women’s empowerment and inclusivity. The 2020 Spirit Forward Summit, powered by Bacardi, is moving to an online format and, for the first time, is offering its lineup of speakers free of charge.
This year’s theme, “Empowered To Be You,” brings timely topics to the forefront as we navigate heightened conversations about social and economic injustices, managing home and careers during lockdowns, and staying positive and mentally healthy through it all. Sessions are designed to open minds, drive empathy, and to inspire individuals to identify their true self. Thought-provoking discussions will include activism, gender roles, health and wellness, financial empowerment, and more.
The Spirit Forward Summit Miami features dynamic speakers who bring their authentic, unapologetic selves to the stage, including:
- Former Miss USA and captain in the United States Army Reserve Deshauna Barber will share her personal story.
- American stylist and fashion designer Misa Hylton will talk about the power of reinventing yourself to stay relevant and continue succeeding.
- Women’s culture consultant Cyndie Spiegel kicks off the Summit with a motivational session about being empowered to be your true self.
- Ashtin Berry is back to the Summit to talk intersectionality and the role social identities play in the way people behave and thrive in the workplace.
- Author and former advertising executive Chris Edwards will share the courageous story of changing gender from female to male.
- Clinical Psychologist Dr. Becky Kennedy will share her expertise on all things parenting through a 2020 lens from tips on virtual learning, setting up home spaces for success, and mantras.
- Jess Huang, co-author of the McKinsey Women in the Workplace Study will deep dive into the results and why corporate America is at a critical crossroads with a risk of losing female talent.
In addition, panels will bring together leaders from Bacardi, Southern Glazers Wine & Spirits, Microsoft and Footlocker to share their take on how companies can rise to the occasion to help women thrive.
“Our mission for the Spirit Forward Summit Miami is to drive provocative conversations that champion inclusivity and shatter stereotypes. We are so thrilled to invite more people into the conversation by moving to limitless virtual seating and offering sessions free of charge,” says Heidi Vargas, Co-Chair of Bacardi Women in Leadership for North America – an initiative designed to power growth by uniting and unleashing female talent. “We believe in bringing different voices, viewpoints and stories together so that we can learn from each other and diverse ways of thinking. At Bacardi, we champion an inclusive environment where everyone feels part of a family, can express their point of view, and bring a sense of their real selves to work every day.”
In true Bacardi form, bartenders and mixology are always part of the day. Guests will meet up at the virtual bar to learn how to make this year’s Spirit Forward signature cocktail. As part of the company’s commitment to supporting the hospitality industry severely impacted by COVID-19, a mixology session will offer donations to Another Round Another Rally’s new grant dedicated to supporting women and femmes in hospitality.
The Bacardi Spirit Forward Summit is open to all industries. Must be of Legal Drinking Age to attend.
To register and access event details, visit: https://www.bacardi-women-in-leadership.com/
Thank you to top sponsors Southern Glazer’s Wine and Spirits and MARTNI & ROSSI vermouths and sparkling wines. They join a lineup of supporters who helped make this year’s Summit come to life.