Books & Books and Miami Book Fair present…
A *Virtual* Evening with
& CRISTINA NOSTI
Death in Her Hands: A Novel
(Penguin Press, $27)
*Your ticket includes a signed copy of the book + shipping.
’s reputation as one of our most talented and daring writers grows every year. And we know why. It’s because she is always transforming right before our eyes. Her newest novel hums with the kind of Hitchcockian suspense and horror of her critically-acclaimed debut Eileen
, with another unreliable female narrator who bears the psychic scars of a long life. It’s hard to believe this is the same writer who gave us My Year of Rest and Relaxation
just a few years ago. Ottessa is an artist who doesn’t much care about whether or not you like her but is instead “focused on accessing the spiritual corners of her being through narrative.” (New York Times
From one of our most ceaselessly provocative literary talents, a novel of haunting metaphysical suspense about an elderly widow whose life is upturned when she finds an ominous note on a walk in the woods.
“Ottessa Moshfegh writes in the first person like almost no one else. She draws her readers into the minds of distinctly prickly people on the margins, whose imaginations veer toward the grotesque and discomfiting.” —Thrillist
is a fiction writer from New England. Her first book, McGlue
, a novella, won the Fence Modern Prize in Prose and the Believer Book Award. She is also the author of the short story collection Homesick for Another World
. Her stories have been published in The Paris Review, The New Yorker
, and Granta
, and have earned her a Pushcart Prize, an O. Henry Award, the Plimpton Discovery Prize, and a grant from the National Endowment for the Arts. Eileen
, her first novel, was shortlisted for the National Book Critics Circle Award and the Man Booker Prize, and won the PEN/Hemingway Award for debut fiction; My Year of Rest and Relaxation
, her second novel, was a New York Times bestseller.
CRISTINA NOSTI is the event coordinator at the independently-owned Books & Books in Miami, Florida. She is a huge fan of Ottessa’s writing since she first encountered Eileen at Book Expo’s Editors’ Buzz Panel in 2015. My Year of Rest and Relaxation was one of her favorite books of 2018. She’s thrilled to be able to sit down with one of her favorite writers and ask her more about her work and process.
- The purchase of this ticket admits (1) one person into this virtual event and includes (1) one copy of the book.
- You’ll be purchasing your ticket on EVENTBRITE where there is a screen to include your shipping address. The book will be shipped to you following the event.
- Once you have registered on Eventbrite, you will receive a link to the CROWDCAST listing, along with a password.
- Please visit Crowdcast and register by entering your email address. *This is a necessary second step to complete your registration.
- On the night of the event, use your email address and password to watch the event on Crowdcast. See more about Crowdcast in the directions below.