Considered one of the world’s greatest wildlife events, the annual Great Migration in Kenya is an absolute must for any travel bucket list – and this year it has made an early arrival.
The Great Migration has already been sighted in the Maasai Mara with the front of the herd having already travelled through Tanzania and crossed the Kenyan border. Up to two million animals take the journey of approximately 1,600km through Tanzani a to Kenya and this year comes with an early start as the first sightings have now been spotted in the Mara.
Those looking for a ringside view in the famous Maasai Mara will not be disappointed with a special free night offer at Sir Richard Branson’s luxury tented safari camp, Mahali Mzuri, located in Kenya’s Olare Motorogi Conservancy.
The offer includes a free night on bookings of four nights or more, allowing for a four-night stay for the price of three during the awe-inspiring migration period. What’s more, the offer is also running all the way through to December and can be combined with a kid’s go free offer, making it a perfect family holiday experience.
During migration season, guests at Mahali Mzuri are also treated to one complimentary day pass per adult to the Maasai Mara National Reserve.
As well as over one million wildebeest and hundreds of thousands of zebra, gazelles and other game to be seen during migration period, Mahali Mzuri offers the perfect location to spot lions, hyenas, leopards and endless other wildlife.
With twice-daily game drives led by expert guides, and 12 luxurious tented suites that look out onto some of the world’s most stunning scenery, Mahali Mzuri offers a truly intimate experience amidst an astonishing natural spectacle.
Rates during migration start from USD 1,380 per person, per night, based on double occupancy and include:
- Daily game drives and game drives at night in 13,500 hectares
- All meals and drinks (including alcoholic beverages)
- Unlimited access to the exclusive Olare Motorogi Conservancy
- One complimentary day pass per adult to the Maasai Mara National Reserve during migration period.
- Transfers from the Olare Orok airstrip (25 minute drive from camp)
- Visits to the local markets
- Complimentary wireless internet available throughout the camp
- Laundry service (dry cleaning not available)
- All taxes and local levies
For bookings please call T: 877 577 8777 (toll-free in the USA). Alternatively e-mail enquiriesusa@
- This offer is available for new bookings for stays from11th April – 21st December 2019, inclusive of Migration season.
- This offer cannot be used for cancelled then reinstated bookings
- Blackout dates may apply
- All our normal terms and conditions are applicable with this offer
- This offer cannot be combined with any other offer or packages with the exception of the ‘kids go free’ offer
- Kids go free offer allows for up to two children (6-15 years) to stay free when sharing a family tent with at least one adult.
- Stays must be for a minimum of 4 nights and there is a maximum of one free night per booking