Books & Books and Miami Book Fair present…
A *VIRTUAL* Afternoon with
in conversation with MITCHELL KAPLAN
(Algonquin Books, $25.95)
Sunday, April 26, 4pm
LIVE via Crowdcast
|REGISTER FOR THIS EVENT|
Join us online as our very own Mitchell Kaplan sits down with Julia Alvarez, the internationally bestselling author of In The Time of the Butterflies and How the Garcia Girls Lost Their Accents to discuss her first adult novel in fifteen years, Afterlife (Algonquin Books, $25.95).
We welcome you to engage and ask questions as you join us live for an inspiring conversation online!
Julia Alvarez también contestará preguntas del público en español.
Afterlife is “a gorgeously intimate portrait of an immigrant writer and recent widow carving out hope in the face of personal and political grief.” (O, The Oprah Magazine) Set in this political moment of tribalism and distrust, it asks: What do we owe those in crisis in our families, including — maybe especially — members of our human family? How do we live in a broken world without losing faith in one another or ourselves? And how do we stay true to those glorious souls we have lost?
How to Watch a Virtual Event on Crowdcast:
- You will need either a computer, a smartphone, or a tablet.
- Crowdcast is a website that you can access with any web browser. You can use Chrome (recommended), Firefox, Safari, Opera, or Edge as your web browser.
- You will then be required to enter your email and create a Crowdcast account.
- Once your account is created, you will be brought to the event’s landing page. The timer on the screen shows you when the event is scheduled to begin.
- During the event, you can ask questions in the “Ask A Question” box at the bottom of the screen.
- You can also vote for other questions that you would most like to see answered using the up and down arrows to the left of each question.
- You’ll be able to see the author onscreen, but the author, moderator, and P&P staff member cannot see you.