Top Tips for Solo Travel – Discover Latin America with Hilton Worldwide
Many who travel on their own find it is the best way to try new things, keep an open mind and return from vacation with an expanded worldview. With solo travel on the rise, Hilton Worldwide in Latin America offers tips for turning solo travels into the trip of a lifetime, and invites travelers to discover the unknown – with a greater opportunity to dive into the local scene.
Here are some of the top adventure getaways in Latin America, with a few helpful tips on how to make the most of the adventure:
- Book Tours with knowledgeable guides.
From ancient attractions in Cusco to modern marvels in Lima, Peru travelers are in for a cultured and unique getaway. For an enlightening solo experience, it is essential to take a guided tour of the top attractions via Hilton’s hotels in Peru, available now through Dec. 31, 2016.
- Guests can begin the Peruvian adventure at HiltonLima Miraflores, located in the heart of Miraflores’ cultural district on Peru’s Western coast. Guests who book these special tour packages will enjoy 20% off with Turibus, a top-rated local tour bus operator.
- Following a trip through Miraflores, guests can visit Hilton’s newly opened Cusco hotel. The HiltonGarden Inn Cusco is offering three-night Peru Tour packages with included discovery tours of nearby ancient historic attractions including Machu Picchu and Inka City.
- With no one but yourself steering the itinerary, make sure to go where the locals go.
Between ancient ruins, a wealth of museums and delicious native cuisine, there is no question why Mexico City was ranked one of the top cities to visit in 2016. Team members at Hilton hotels of Mexico City offered their expertise on how to make the most of your time in the ancient city.
- Walk the City.When visiting Mexico City, the best way to get around the historic center is to do so on foot. Nathalia Chávez, Sales Executive at Hilton Mexico City Reforma suggests visiting the “Zócalo” downtown to check out the “Plaza de la Constitución,” one of the largest city squares in the world.
- Marvel at Design.Maritza Lizarazo, Sales Manager at Hilton Mexico City Reformasuggests visiting the Palacio de Bellas Artes; the ultimate venue for taking in the expression of culture and art in Mexico City. It is here that travelers can experience the city’s best opera, dance theater and concerts.
- Experience the History. The archaeological site of Tlatelolcois a place rich in history, without being over-exploited. It is the go-to spot for appreciators of antiquity and for a glimpse of pre-Columbian times, according to Enrique Revueltas, Concierge atHilton Mexico City Santa Fe.
- Assimilate to the local culture — learn how to Samba in Rio de Janiero
For travelers looking to immerse themselves in the musical rhythms of Rio de Janeiro, HiltonBarra is celebrating their one year anniversary with exclusive offers, amenities and Samba to help guests discover the city they’ve come to love as a local. Now through December 11, 2016, Hilton Barra is inviting its guests to take it all in with a samba package that starts at USD $239+ per night and includes:
- A private samba dance class (60 minutes) at the hotel or at the Casa de Danca Carlinhos de Jesus School. The studio is a cultural venue offering lessons in genuine Brazilian rhythms, and is considered one of the best academies in Rio (roundtrip transportation included)*.
- A multicultural dance experience and samba show at Ginga Tropicalfollowed by a traditional Brazilian dinner at Cais Gourmet (roundtrip transportation included).
- Complimentary breakfast at the hotel’s Abelardo restaurant
- For more information, or to make reservations, click here.
Booking a solo trip to Latin America just got easier with the release of Hilton’s World Sale. Now through September 6, 2016, HHonors members (free to join) have the opportunity to earn up to 25% off at participating hotels in Latin America.
Travelers who join HHonors enjoy instant benefits including the lowest price anywhere, free wi-fi, points towards free nights and digital check-in.