The Food Network & Cooking Channel South Beach Wine & Food Festival presented by FOOD & WINE (SOBEWFF®) celebrates its 15th anniversary February 24 — 28, 2016. With more than 80 events spanning both Miami-Dade and Broward counties, this year’s Festival features returning fan-favorite events as well as plenty of new ones to fit any appetite. Tickets go on sale Monday, October 19 at midnight online at sobefest.com, or by calling 877.762.3933 starting at 9:00 AM EST (phone sales open Monday — Friday, 9:00 AM — 5:00 PM EST).
A snap-shot of new happenings for the Festival’s 15th anniversary includes:
- Seaside Eats hosted by Robert Irvine: Adding an extra day to SOBEWFF® this year is the kick-off to the Festival’s inaugural Taste Fort Lauderdale Series on Wednesday, February 24. Longtime Festival friend, cookbook author and star of Food Network’s Restaurant: Impossible and Chopped: Impossible, Irvine will host 15 of South Florida’s best chefs at the historic Bonnet House Museum & Gardens for this walk-around tasting featuring pours from Chȃteau D’Esclans and Marqués de Riscal
- Exploring Israel Dinner hosted by Ashley Christensen, Alon Shaya, Michael Solomonov and Zak Stern: The Festival will host its first kosher dinner at Rok Family Shul – Chabad Downtown Jewish Center on Thursday, February 25. Christensen, Shaya and Solomonov bring discoveries from a recent culinary tour of Israel, and are joined by South Florida’s own Zak the Baker, to present this Glatt kosher experience under the strict supervision of Rabbi Chaim Lipskar of The Shul of Downtown Miami.
- Fireman Derek’s Midnight Breakfast hosted by Chrissy Teigen: The Festival turns the heat up on Friday, February 26 with a late-night soirée hosted by Sports Illustrated cover model, television host, savvy social media maven and soon-to-be cookbook author, Chrissy Teigen. South Florida favorite Fireman Derek, known for his delicious pies, has rounded up firefighters representing houses from all over Miami to serve up their best breakfast bites at this midnight affair accented by offerings from Kenwood Vineyards.
- SOBEWFF® hosts a selection of highly anticipated new events on Saturday, February 27, including:
- New Style Remix Dinner hosted by Justin Warner and Alex Becker: Celebrity chef Justin Warner and Kuro Executive Chef Alex Becker host a multisensory evening fusing new-style Japanese cuisine accented by beats from DJ Felix Da Housecat at Seminole Hard Rock Hotel & Casino’s luxe and vibrant fine dining restaurant. The party continues after dinner at Kuro’s bar, lounge and poolside patio with desserts, signature cocktails and DJ Felix Da Housecat remixes.
- CroquetaMania hosted by Jean-Georges Vongerichten: This iconic Cuban snack steps into the spotlight during a late-night party in Miami’s trendy Design District. Local food authority Burger Beast has helped round-up 15 of South Florida’s culinary commanders to present unique combinations of this classic dish at Paradise Plaza accompanied by Champagne Henriot.
- Sweet 15: A Dessert Party hosted by Duff Goldman: A baker’s dozen of the nation’s top pastry chefs will help celebrate the Festival’s 15th anniversary at Miami Beach’s iconic The Villa, Casa Casuarina — the historical landmark that was once home to renowned designer Gianni Versace. Food Network Ace of Cakes’ Duff Goldman will unveil one of his custom creations at the Festival toasts to 15 years of world-class events.
- Like Water for Chocolate Screening & Conversation with Screenwriter Laura Esquivel:SOBEWFF® is pleased to collaborate with the Miami International Film Festival (MIFF) once again to present a screening of this 1992 classic Mexican film at the Festival’s host hotel Loews Miami Beach on Sunday, February 28. The film swept the Mexican Academy Awards in 1993, winning 11 awards including Best Picture. For several years, it was the highest-grossing Spanish language film in U.S. box office history.
The aforementioned events are accentuated by signature celebrations taking place in the PMG North Venue, selection of Bank of America Lifestyle Seminars, Wine Spectator Wine Seminars, intimate experiences part of The NYT Cooking Dinner Series, and more.
Fans can continue to use a MasterCard® to get access to exclusive benefits like early access, expedited entry, reserved premier seating, and more at select Festival events. Recently recognized as the #1 food and restaurant industry event in the U.S. by BizBash for the third year in a row, the Festival has raised more than $22 million to date for the Wine Spectator Restaurant Management Laboratory and Southern Wine & Spirits Beverage Management Center at the Chaplin School of Hospitality & Tourism Management located on Florida International University’s Biscayne Bay campus.
For more information about the Festival, visit sobefest.com or call 877-762-3933. For more information about Florida International University visit fiu.edu, for the Chaplin School of Hospitality and Tourism Management visit hospitality.fiu.edu and for more information about Southern Wine & Spirits visit southernwine.com.