The Diplomat Beach Resort Rekindles the Spirit of South Florida with Upcoming Debut on the Beaches of Hollywood
A new icon is set to take center stage in Hollywood, Florida,The Diplomat Beach Resort. Currently undergoing a $100 million dollar transformation, The Diplomat Beach Resort will embrace and position the property as a high-energy destination resort. From coast to Intracoastal, offering multi-dimensional experiential entertainment programs, the reinvented resort pays homage to the hotel’s storied past as a social hub, which began in 1958. As part of Curio – A Collection by Hilton, a global set of remarkable upscale and luxury hotels hand-picked for their unique character, The Diplomat Beach Resort is set to steal the beach scene with re-imagined guestroom, indoor and outdoor public spaces, more than 10 new culinary concepts, and spa, bringing vibrant and comfortable style to life that reflects the resort’s sunny, beachfront location.
“We are excited to introduce a revolutionary way to vacation through the introduction of the newly redesigned Diplomat Beach Resort. We’re creating a destination for all travelers, offering un-paralleled experiences through a variety of activities, dining destinations and spaces meant for celebrations, “ said Shai Zelering Managing Director, Head of Asset Management, Thayer Lodging Group, Brookfield Hotel Properties. “The Diplomat Beach Resort will serve as the area’s go-to resort, bringing locals and travelers together at the epicenter of Hollywood, Florida, to indulge in specialty services and amenities rooted in local inspiration with impeccable designs.”
A new take on an iconic favorite, The Diplomat Beach Resort will embrace an all-inclusive mindset, giving travelers the ease they seek whether visiting for business or pleasure, all available around the resort’s pristine footprint between the Atlantic Ocean and Intracoastal Waterway.
“Our location gives guests the best of South Florida with an oceanfront location boasting direct ocean views. Travelers can expect top-notch, anticipatory service and spaces designed with their needs in mind,” added Ed Walls, general manager, The Diplomat Beach Resort. “We look forward to welcoming guests to a true getaway experience.”
THE HEART OF IT ALL
Nestled between the aquamarine shores of the Atlantic Ocean and the peaceful Intracoastal Waterway, The Diplomat Beach Resort will stand at the very heart of Hollywood, FL. With an ideal location, the property’s transformation caters to those looking for seamless travel and local experiences with easy access to key destinations.
- 10 minutes from Fort Lauderdale/Hollywood International Airport
- 30 minutes from Miami International Airport
- 5 minutes from Hollywood’s historic oceanfront Boardwalk
- 10 minutes from world-class shopping at Aventura Mall
- 20 minutes from Las Olas Boulevard in Fort Lauderdale
- 30 minutes from South Beach
ROOM TO RETREAT
With 1,000 rooms – including 96 suites, 515 King rooms and 484 Double Rooms, The Diplomat Beach Resort is the largest hotel in Broward county, offering sweeping views of the Atlantic Ocean or Intracoastal Waterway with an abundance of natural light. Designed by the world’s leading hospitality interior design firm, Hirsch Bedner Associates, The Diplomat Beach Resort’s welcoming rooms will emerge as refreshed spaces, befitting the prime beachfront location in Hollywood. A strong sense of place is weaved throughout, reflecting a sophisticated oceanfront design that nods to the storied history of the Diplomat Hotel of the 1950’s. Carefully selected artwork throughout the property highlights the local-regional lifestyle, with modernized spaces harkening back to the hotel’s vibrant past.
All rooms feature unobstructed ocean or Intracoastal vantage points, while most suites boast 180-degree views of the tropical surroundings. Variety of premier suites include Governor and Presidential suites, each with an individual identity delivering on guest’s needs. Drawing in elements from the guestrooms, the suites will exude a mix of midcentury elements with refreshing ocean tones, creating the perfect backdrop to relax and recharge. Hand tufted rugs are meant to reflect combed sand and play on the rooms’ earthy tones, while natural wood furnishings elegantly interpret a beachside lifestyle. All rooms will feature crisp white bedding backed by a driftwood headboard and nautical touches that speak to the location. Select rooms include a cozy daybed in the common area with a 1960’s inspired mini-bar, create a comfortable and eclectic vibe while overlooking the picturesque sprawling balcony and endless ocean views.
Guestrooms at the property depict two separate design schemes: Sunrise and Sunset. Sunrise rooms are modern, vibrant and refreshing with earthy tones that provide a soothing, calm atmosphere accented with blue ocean colors. Tactile rope accents are weaved into bedside lighting and deckchairs, while custom designed carpets recall the organic coral and sand patterns found locally. Vintage artwork reflects the region’s history and streamlined furniture lend to the spacious room layouts. Sunset rooms present a more subtle, modern and organic design scheme.
A CULINARY DESTINATION
The Diplomat Beach Resort’s new approach to food is simple: whatever you want, wherever you are. Helmed by Howard Wein of Howard Wein Hospitality, whose expertise in the culinary world brings knowledge and creativity, the resort will offer more than 10 innovative and surprising culinary destinations.
Unique dishes and drinks will highlight ingenuity and variety, using locally-sourced ingredients and fresh mixes for cocktails created on-site. Each destination is rooted in strong culinary sensibilities and exudes brand individuality, which creates distinct spaces and experiences:
- Portico Beer & Wine Garden– Beer, wine and cocktails on tap, and a menu of light Italian fare situated on the Intracoastal Waterway.
- Bristol’s Burgers–South Florida’s best burgers, salads and shakes in a fun, playful space.
- Diplomat Prime– Luxury boutique steakhouse with steaks aged in-house and a chef driven, seasonal menu with an extensive wine list.
- Monkitail– Famed Chef and Restaurateur Michael Schulson’s modern Izakaya, coupling sharable Japanese-inspired fare with craft cocktails, sake, and a hidden karaoke bar.
- Point Royal– Celebrity Chef Geoffrey Zakarian’s Coastal-American restaurant, highlighting modern seafood dishes and traditional raw bar in a vibrant, bustling atmosphere.
- Counter Point– An extension of Point Royal offering gourmet grab-and-go options, with coffee drinks, juices, house-made pastries, sandwiches and light bites.
- Candy & Cones– Sweet parlor that makes candy dreams come true, offering candies and innovative house-made ice creams.
- The Hotel Bar– A modern take on the classic hotel bar, featuring signature upgraded cocktails from hotels around the world.
- The Canteen– Supply & trading company offering convenience food and beverage items for hotel guests.
- Playa– Beachfront Nuevo-Latina restaurant and bar featuring an extensive rum and tequila selection.
A VACATION FOR EVERYONE
The Diplomat Beach Resort will fill family focused guests’ waking hours with happy, genuine and memorable vacation experiences. Guests and smaller travelers will find unique offerings and amenities throughout:
- The Water Works:With two beachfront pools, jet skiing, ocean kayaking, paddleboard rentals, and the property’s newest addition, the Dip + Slide water play area is specifically designed with an interactive water bucket that cools down play area-goers once it’s full. Additionally, Dip + Slide gives parents a direct line of site from the lagoon pool, allowing them to relax poolside.
- Kids Only:From sand castle building and poolside games to bounce houses and behind-the-scenes resort tours, younger guests ages 4-12 are always entertained and supervised at the fun-filled, Diplomat Kids Club.
Alone Time: Guests can take time to themselves and recharge by melting stress away at the 24-hour fitness center or get pampered at the new, full-service spa overlooking the Atlantic Ocean
COME TOGETHER AT THE DIPLOMAT BEACH RESORT
With 209,000 sq. ft. of flexible function and meeting space, The Diplomat Beach Resort will continue to serve as the premier location for business travel and large-scale conferences, weddings and milestone celebrations. The transformation will provide upgrades in comprehensive technology, transportation services and unbeatable ocean views. Travelers and locals can expect thoughtfully designed spaces creating unique and memorable meetings, events and weddings:
- 50,000 sq. ft. unobstructed Great Hall
- 4 ballrooms, including 20,000sq. ft. Grand Ballroom overlooking the Atlantic
- 39 additional breakout rooms
- Outdoor special event areas including the pool deck and 33rdfloor lounge space
- On-site IT and audio-visual support
- Specialty packages, rates and programming
The Diplomat Beach Resort is set to launch in January 2017.